Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11, 2013

Hello family and friends. The SNOWWW IS HERE.

As the work moves forward, and the snow arrives, my testimony grows.
This week I had the opportunity to speak in church.
You know growing up I used to look at missionaries give talks and used to think to myself: "Man that must suck... they can barely speak Spanish...freak dude, I would hate to do that"
Well, now I can say, "its not that bad".
 
With 6 months already into the mission my French is at the stage I was hoping it would be. I know that there are unseen powers that are helping me speak French, and Spanish. Before my mission, sure, I could speak Spanish. But I had never before been a full time Spanish speaking missionary. Sometimes it feels like I'm learning 2 languages instead of 1. (Not to mention the varieties of accents here.)
 
Yes. Its hard. But I have never prayed so hard in my life. I think my companion Elder Noel and I pray about 30 times a day. Every time we leave the car, and every time we leave the apartment, every time before an appointment, every time we eat, every time we plan... I'm not exaggerating when I say 30 times.
I still can't believe the Lord has entrusted me with a new missionary. He is almost done with his first 12 weeks and it has been such a blessing to learn from him and see him grow. The responsibility and pressure of training young, has accelerated my growth as a missionary of The Lord.

I had my interview with the mission president this week and one thing he asked me was: "So Elder Castrejon, what is the next step for you as a missionary?" .... I didn't know how to answer but it really made me reflect on where I am as a servant of The Lord. I love receiving witness from the holy ghost that I am in the right place doing the right thing and becoming the right person.
 
Anyways,transfers are coming up soon and I don't know if I can leave Victoriaville without tears in my eyes. I hope I stay 5 transfers here but we NEVER know.
 
The members are excited for my birthday the 28th, and told me if I leave the 26th on transfers, then they will still do something for me. haha. They're too sweet.
 
Tomorrow we have a super rare super special MISSION CONFERENCE with President Pieper from the 70. Pretty excited about that. So I'm getting a haircut from a member today. Her haircuts are wayyy better than the ones I usually give myself.
 
hmm... this week I helped chop down a tree! That was cool, and scary because we really didn't know what we were doing, but we did it anyway! Fun fun fun!
Until next time! stay warm! ..... oh wait..... you're all in California....
ps. 40 degrees is NOT COLD. Hahahaha.
Elder Castrejon

No comments :

Post a Comment