Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18, 2013

 So we had the opportunity to be trained by Elder Peiper of the first quorum of the 70 this week at mission conference. Growing up I used to think "quorum of the 70? ... that's weak. the 12 apostles is where its at! ... what do the 70 even do? they're not even famous" ...
Well shame on me.
Now I understand the responsibility and sacred calling these men of the church hold. I now understand the doctrine behind who they are and what they do.

Elder Peiper gave a great training about the Book of Mormon, doctrine and the spirit.
The spirit he brought to the conference was apostolic and everything about what we learned that day was inspired. I am so grateful to have received his teachings that I will keep with me for the rest of my life.

We have been working hard. Finding more more and more people who are willing to receive us.

Transfer calls are this Saturday so I have been warning members that my possibilities are high, to leave the area.

When I told a Sister this Sunday that I might leave soon, she looked at me with the saddest look in her eyes and said to me: "No, you can't leave. I just got to know you...... we need you."

those 3 words pierced my heart.
"we need you"

this sunday was the primary program and our primary sang in Spanish and French and we had 11 non-members at church! it was great. The members are doing their missionary work and really hastening the Lords work over here in victoriaville. Its awesome to teach people who come from the members efforts!

So this morning I got a call at 6:50am telling my spanish investigator who doesnt speak french needed a ride to the hospital for her daughter.
long story short. We stayed with them at the hospital from 8-12. 3 hours of waiting. The health care here is free, and it sure seemed like it.
So i basically translated the doctors words in french to spanish so that they could figure out what was wrong with our investigators daughter. It was stressful knowing that my translation could determine what the doctors would do with her. pretty intense stuff.

well, I know these are all random stories... but I hope you liked them!

love you all!!!!!!!!!
Elder Castrejon

No comments :

Post a Comment