Monday, October 28, 2013

October 28, 2013

 
 Dear family and friends. It is I. Elder Castrejon. I just want to tell you all, that I love every single one of you. I can not describe the joy... the pure joy that comes from missionary work. This week I had many opportunities to serve others. All the way from mowing lawns, moving a member to their new house, and doing inventory at a IGA (grocery store) at 5 O'clock in the morning for a youth fund raiser... I have never counted so many bottles of baby food in my life!!!
  As I go out and experience these things, I come to realize how I am being used as a tool in The Lords hands. I see the happiness service brings to these members and it is rewarding on so many different levels.
  Being on a mission has made me realize the divine power of heavenly father. The love he has for every single one of his children. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HIS CHILDREN. HE NEVER FORGETS ONE. NOT ONE.
  He puts us missionaries in the places we need to be, at the right time, with the right people. He puts the right words in our mouths exactly when we need to say it. I can not deny the power of the spirit.
  This week I felt prompted to visit someone at a certain time. We had a plan but we decided we would just move away from that plan and follow the prompting. So we did. We visited our 14 year old investigator. Her father won't come to her baptism because he is atheist and thinks it isn't important... but her mom wants her to be baptized (her mother is an ex-mormon). This was our next baptism, but everything has just been really crazy lately. That very moment when we followed that prompting, was the perfect time because she was only there with her brother. We taught them both and now we are preparing her little brother for baptism. We testified to them that 2 are better than 1. And that them together can soften the heart of their father and they can become members of Jesus Christ's church restored on the earth. It was a very uplifting experience.
  This week we also had stake conference. It was beautiful. Our stake has 7 wards and 6 branches. IT IS HUGE. And it covers so much land.
 
We had a special stake conference with an area 70. President Olson. We also had a choir consisting of the missionaries and the members. The whole stake conference was focused on The Prophets focus: "NOW IS THE TIME that members and missionaries work together". It was a great conference. On Sunday we also had a choir of all children. They sang a medley of I am a child of God in sign language, Spanish, French, English. I don't know where else I could see children do that. This is truly a marvelous place.
 
  It was fun after the conference, there was a special new-convert meeting with the area authority and I got to accompany Claire. My new convert. It was a great feeling. She is praying about serving a mission. My friend... my convert.... thinking about serving a mission. Wow.

Oh, it should be snowing soon! I bought a nice coat. Kinda scarrryyy...

Well, until next time! :)
Elder Castrejon

No comments :

Post a Comment