Monday, January 13, 2014

January 13, 2014

Dear friends and family.
The mission is ready for blast off. Second transfer in Dows Lake YSA (Ottawa) has started out awesomeeeee. We got 2 new missionaries in the district which is exciting and we have a couple baptisms coming up in the district!

We have been teaching 15-20 lessons a week and things are getting back to normal after the holidays. Been working hard and trying to teach new people. Less actives are coming back and the work is HASTENING.

The members and the missionaries are finally on the same page, and The Lord's work is being accomplished!

The cold isn't too cold. Except for -40 celcius. THAT HURTS.

Like seriously.

Well something pretty cool that has been happening lately is that my companion Elder Rock and I have set a goal of setting 365 copies of The book of Mormon this year in 2014. We have already set about 25. We don't go back to the apartment at night until we place one in the nice hands of a soul and testify to them about the restoration. And I can tell you, we are being blessed for this new years resolution.

I encourage all of you to present your goals to God. He will help you. I promise.

Anyways... the sidewalks are pretty much PURE ICE BLOCKS. We basically ice skate to our appointments. We have seen people fall SOOOO HARD. Like, they get injured. The sidewalks are sooooooo slippery. Its kind of fun cause me and my companion race sometimes back to the apartment and we almost die. hahaha.

So for transfers none of my apartment got transferred. We're all together still! With the Zone Leaders eating yummy mexican food every day with Elder Rangel and I teaming up and cooking haha. I love being in a "4 man apartment". Nothing but laughter and beating up each other,

... and of course missionary work.

I never have enough time to write everything I want but I hope everyone has a great week! see ya later! :)

Elder Castrejon

No comments :

Post a Comment